In 1952, Jimmy & Frances Todd purchased a grocery store from Joe Sharpe at 1604 West Main St, Tupelo, MS. The Todd's operated the store until 1980 when employees Danny Smith & Bob Knight purchased the store. They retained the name because of the store's reputation for great customer service which the Todd's had created and still exists to this day. It's this customer service that has built such a successful following among many loyal long time customers.
The business continued to grow and in 1991 Todd's Big Star moved into a new larger building at 1400 West Main St, just one block from the original site. In 2002, Danny & Bob purchased Todd's Okolona Food Center and later in 2004 Danny took full ownership of Todd's Okolona Food Center. Also in 2004, Bob acquired full ownership of Todd's Big Star in Tupelo, with Clay Knight joining him later that year as a full partner.
Todd's still offers the same great level of service that we have offered since 1952. Todd's is home of the “best meat in Town”, we offer a full service Meat Department and Todd's still cuts meat 7 days a week. Todd's also has a full service Deli & Bakery and is home to the $4.99 lunch plate. A remodel of the store's interior has recently been completed and we are pleased to be Tupelo's favorite “Home Owned & Operated Grocery Store”.